The events posted on this page are open to the public.
If you only want to view Guided Walks, please select “Categories” in the top left hand corner. Click on “Guided Walks” to filter out all but the walks displayed on the calendar.
- You can change the view (month/day/week/agenda) by clicking on the calendar icon at the top right of the calendar. You can also easily print from this utility.
- In the Agenda view, only the first 10 events are displayed at a time. To move to the next 10 events, click on the right arrow next to the name of the month at the top or bottom left of the calendar; i.e. August 2018 ->
- In the Agenda view, you can also collapse all of the events to easily scan the brief information.
- Please click on the event title in the calendar to see the additional information about each event.
- Most of these are not North Texas Master Naturalist events but we have made every effort to ensure accuracy.
- The hosting organization which is listed should be your primary point of contact about these events.
Members who want to see ALL of the events (AT and VH) should log in to the Members side of the NTMN website.
Heard Third Saturday Nature Talks
Saturday, December 15, 2018 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
This month’s nature talk will be a Winter Tree Walk. Join David Powell and learn ways to identify plants without their foliage.
Free with paid general admission and to Heard members.
Location: Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary, 1 Nature Place, McKinney, TX 75069
Pond Trail Walk at John Bunker Sands Wetland Center
Saturday, December 15, 2018 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Join us on the John Bunker’s Pond trail. Learn about the natural and cultural history of the area as we walk this 1.8-mile loop trail. The trail begins with a walk through a forested area to a true bottomland hardwood forest, then follows the East Fork of the Trinity River and ends on Wetland levee roads. This trail is great for families and those who are interested in learning about native trees, flowers, animals and anything else found along the way!
Free with $5 admission. Members are free.
For information, contact Linda Dunn at 972-474-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: John Bunker Sands Wetland Center, 655 Martin Lane, Seagoville, TX 75159
Directions: Take I-635 or I-20 to Hwy 175 South toward Seagoville. Drive past the Seagoville exits; then exit on FM 1389 South. Drive approx. 2 miles to Martin Lane. Turn left onto Martin Lane and proceed to the John Bunker Sands Wetland Center on the right.
Winter in the Forest at FWNC
Sunday, December 30, 2018 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
View the sights of tall trees, scaling vines, and evergreen plants. The forest is a place in which wildlife seeks shelter and wintering birds are heard. Explore the forest wilderness as we meander along the Riverbottom Trail and observe the seasonal changes along the way. Preregistration recommended. Activity #16899
$5 with paid admission, members free
Admission is $5, $3 seniors.
For more information, go to the FWNC website below.
Location: Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge, 9601 Fossil Ridge Rd., Fort Worth, TX 76135