Join us Wednesday, 2/2/22 7:00 pm for Insights into the Texas Master Naturalist Program, along with New Member Recognition & Chapter Awards
- 6:30 Camera Roll and Socializing (chat and audio check if you’re on Zoom)
- 7:00 Introduction and Announcements
- 7:20 Featured Presentation
- 8:45 Adjournment
Chapter advisors Liz Rudd and Sam Kieschnick will update us on initiatives in their organizations and tell us about some exciting volunteer service opportunities. We will celebrate and recognize all our newly certified Class of 2021 Master Naturalists, along with the members who achieved volunteer service milestones in 2021. Our president Scott Hudson will share his annual Chapter Update, too.
Join us in person at Dallas College Brookhaven Campus, Building H, Room 125. Campus map. See Covid protocol, below. Or participate via Zoom Registration Link. (If you are attending in person, you don’t need to register for Zoom.)
About the Presenters:
Liz Rudd is a County Extension Agent specializing in Agriculture and Natural Resources at Texas A&M Agrilife. She wears many hats at the agency and is particularly involved in 4-H. Liz has taught Agricultural Science in Seagoville and has served as an advisor to NTMN since 2015.
Sam Kieschnick is an Urban Wildlife Biologist at Texas Parks and Wildlife serving the eastern portion of the DFW Metroplex. He admits to being “addicted to iNaturalist” where his handle is @sambiology. Sam has worked as a nature educator, naturalist, and science interpreter. He has been involved with the Texas Master Naturalist program since 2013.
Please participate at the level you’re comfortable. We’re excited to meet in person, but we don’t take this decision lightly. We expect all attendees to consider the health and well-being of their fellow attendees and comply with all policies.
- MASKS are required at Dallas College in accordance with the Dallas County Risk Level Red.
- The room will be set to allow for SOCIAL DISTANCING (4 people per table for maximum capacity of 100).
- HAND SANITIZER will be available.
- Food and drinks will not be provided, but you may bring your own and share with others if desired.