This letter was sent to the Presidents of the chapters around the state notifying them that North Texas is hosting the Silent Auction at this year’s meeting.
Texas Master Naturalist 2019 Annual Meeting
Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront Hotel
We are less than three months away from the 2019 Texas Master Naturalist Annual Meeting at the Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront Hotel on the shores of Lake Ray Hubbard. It is time to begin collecting donated items for the silent auction. Money raised at the silent auction is used to fund TMN project grants, scholarships to the annual meeting, and bringing speakers and trainers to future annual meetings.
Again, this year, we are asking each TMN chapter to donate a minimum of $100 in items or cash to the auction. There are many types of items that are appropriate as donations. Any cash donated will be used to purchase items and package items for display.
These are some of the items which have been auctioned in previous years.
- Travel packages, vouchers and gift certificates for trips, tours, experiences, hotels and sights. These high value items always stimulate heavy bidding and high bids.
- Items and gift certificates solicited from businesses.
- Purchased nature related items such as outdoor gear, tools, field guides, books.
- Hand crafted items such as art, photographs, jewelry, natural arrangements.
- Theme baskets and grouped items. These may represent your region. Members can join together to create these – birding, the outdoors, kitchen, regional cuisine.
The North Texas Chapter is in charge of the silent auction this year. Gary Barton, Linda Ford, and John Pauley are the chairs. Will you please let us know if your chapter will be participating by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org?
This year we are using Silent Auction Pro for an online Silent Auction. While items should be delivered to the Annual Meeting on Friday, October 18, we will accept them as late as Saturday morning. Because we are using the online Auction format, we would like to know as soon as possible what you plan to contribute. Please use the attached form to describe what you are donating to the auction. We would also like to have a picture of any items which are being donated.
Please consider contributing to this great fundraiser. It is a good way to support the TMN mission. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at the Hilton Rockwall Hotel in October!
If you have any questions about donations, please contact John Pauley, our Donations Chair at email@example.com
Silent Auction Chairs
Gary Barton, Linda Ford, and John Pauley