by Tiffany Lipsett
Dr. Tiff, incoming Youth Education Director, cordially invites you to help inspire and engage our North Texas communities.
As we approach 2021 with all the hope and potential it brings to our community and the communities we serve, Youth Education is looking for eager and enthusiastic Master Naturalists to join our working group. If you are interested in youth programming, projects geared toward families and young children, or want to learn more about ways to engage children in nature, this working group is for you!
2021 Opportunities for volunteer hours:
- Working Group Zoom meetings- every other month for project management and support for youth and populations we serve
- Ebooks- design, copy, edits, exploring area resources to take photos and short videos
- Social Media Story Time- live 15 minute snippets with Dr. Tiff engaging social media followers with children’s books and short projects they can do at home (If you have a favorite nature picture book, like reading aloud, have an interest in diversity and environmental justice in books, have a favorite character or autobiography about a scientist-naturalist-social activist/ looking for connections between books and our use of land, this initiative is for you!)
- Adventure Days- help prepare and schedule virtual scavenger hunts through app and work on prizes and adventure kits/bags for families (Families will visit area natural resources on their own)
- Virtual Adventures- help plan and interpret a live or filmed guided walk. Help highlight the seasons in different area parks. If you have a favorite park you frequent, this gig is for you! We would love to be able to highlight emerging flowers, animal sightings, leaves changing colors, and any other special event that we can share with our followers.
- When we can all return to in person naturalist activities, we have several programs for you:
- Jr Master Naturalist programs (John Bunker Sands Wetland Center and Biodiversity Education Center)
- Tiny Trekkers and Nature Explores (caregivers and young children)
If you are not comfortable working with young children or families, have no fear! We will have short virtual workshops for you this year so you can be ready to engage, inspire, and educate our youth when we all can work with the public again.
Have ideas, questions, suggestions, and inspiration, please reach out to Dr. Tiff at firstname.lastname@example.org.