Adults and Families
The North Texas Master Naturalists are available to enhance your organization’s next meeting or event. We provide high-quality and engaging speakers covering a wide array of nature and environmental topics. If you are seeking vendors to add enrichment to your event, we can provide booths, whether informational or interactive, staffed by highly trained members of the North Texas Master Naturalist community. Available booth topics include pollinators, the Blackland Prairie, mammals, birds, forests, and wetlands. To learn more about what we can offer your group, please email the Community Education Director at email@example.com.
- Check our calendar for events which are open to the public. Public Calendar
- Request a speaker for your event: Speakers Bureau
No child is too young to experience the beauty and wonder of nature. North Texas Master Naturalist Youth Development provides educational and experiential nature opportunities for children of all ages. We offer a range of programs to suit varying interests including a year-long curriculum, monthly hikes,and one-time events. To learn more about what we have to offer your group, please email the Youth Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Junior Master Naturalist Program at the Biodiversity Education Center in Coppell
- Tiny Trekkers
- Nature Explorers
- Youth Outreach Events – An event or activity where participants have a planned learning objective and generally stay for a full event that has specific start and end times and a single agenda (direct clients). Examples include classroom instruction, workshops, presentations, and guided nature walks.
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts – Volunteers assist scout troops with merit badge activities relating to nature studies, plant and animal identification, and Leave No Trace program for low impact on ecosystems while outdoors.
Educational Materials and Resources
- What Kind of Naturalist Are You?
- Birding Around Dallas
- Bird Watching Guide for the Whole Family
- Get Outside
- Spring Creek Forest Interpretive Trail Guide
- Inviting Nature Back Home
- Blackland Prairie Field Guide
- Twelve Hills Nature Center
Q: Is there a charge to have the Master Naturalists present at an event?
A: Generally, our services are free to the public.
Q: Where can I find out more information about the Texas Master Naturalist Program?
A: The state website is http://txmn.org.
Q: Are all of the Nature Walks suitable for all ages?
A: Walks will always be designated if they are not suitable for all ages.
Q: What is the geographical territory served by your chapter?
A: We usually serve Dallas, Rockwall, and Kaufman counties.
Q: What topics are Master Naturalists able to cover if we have them staff an informational table at our event?
A: Master Naturalists are trained to present informational Nature Discovery Trunks on the following topics: Mammals, pollinators, the Blackland prairie, forests, birds, and wetlands. Each Discovery Trunk is packed with information, supplies, and educational materials which support the topic being presented. Guests are encouraged to ask questions, touch, and explore the items presented on the tables.